Talcott Franklin, P.C.’s Insurance Recovery Practice represents corporate and individual policyholders to maximize the value of their insurance assets.
Our insurance recovery attorneys have experience with numerous forms of insurance, and the expertise to advise clients with analyses of coverage and recovery in the face of any third party liability claims, including product liability, toxic tort, environmental liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, professional services and errors and omissions liability, commercial disputes, patent, copyright and trademark claims, and cyber-related losses. We also assist clients with the preparation and submission of first-party claims and securing recovery of losses resulting from theft, property damage and business interruption under applicable policies.
Representative matters handled by our Insurance Recovery Practice group include:
- Achieved favorable settlement for subprime lender in connection with claims against its E&O insurer to obtain millions of dollars of coverage for a claim of “unfair” lending practices.
- Secured reversal and remand by the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York establishing that an insurer waives any policy defenses.
- Obtained judgment in broker malpractice litigation involving marine and general liability insurance policies.
- Obtained ruling requiring insurer to advance defense expenses under D&O policy for both covered and excluded claims against the insured.
- In the wake of Hurricane Katrina and other natural disasters, prepared coverage analyses for businesses seeking to recover business interruption and property damage losses, and worked directly with insurers to assist in clients’ recovery efforts.
- Successfully negotiated with insurer who was contesting coverage to reimburse firm clients for losses to home and belongings resulting from fire.